Friday 15 January 2016

It Is Time To Change Things Up!

You may have noticed that the title of this little place on the internet is no longer called the Renegade Seamstress. Yup, that's right I am changing things up a bit. I am still sewing! But I no longer want to be defined as "just" a seamstress.

I have had a long term love affair with anything old, anything vintage and anything that is still usable. I love vintage linens, and vintage dishes. I have boxes of things that I have collected over the years. I also love estate sales, yard sales and thrift stores.

So I am combining all my passions into one place! And by calling it a business, it gives me the perfect excuse to shop, hoard, fix, and sell. I call this a big win!

I find lots of vintage linens, that are just to pretty to not buy, they may not be really usable in their current condition but they are perfectly fine to take apart and make them into something else that will be loved in a new home.

Some items are still in decent condition, but may just need to be repaired, such as a vintage quilt or a table cloth.

Lastly some things just need to be cleaned up and find a new home where they can be loved for what they are.

This isn't just about linens! I also love to source out vintage dishes, pyrex bowls, tea cups and other interesting things. There is just no way that I can keep everything I find. BUT I can purchase it, use it, love it for a while and then turn it over to a new owner. 

 Of course I will also still be sewing items that fit with what I love to do....Vintage inspired little girl's  clothing and décor. With less actual sewing as a business I am able to really have the time to love my personal sewing as well.

My own decorating style doesn't always allow me to use a lot of the items I love.... I do have cats, so pretty linens and table cloths are out of the question. And my personal clothing style isn't a vintage look, even though I love it. So this allows me to have the best of both worlds.

I am super excited about this and I hope if you are a lover of vintage you will follow along on this adventure.

2 comments:

  1. I will be picking your brains for ideas. I inherited a small stash of vintage linens from my grandmother last year. I've cleaned them the best I can and stored them carefully, but I want to repurpose them in some way to give them new life. Just don't be alarmed if you see me lurking about. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Lucky Girl. Lurk all you want. :-)

    ReplyDelete